Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Images of Jesus - Biblical

Read the following passages from the Gospels and explain what image of Jesus do they present:

Luke 23:26

John 19:17

Mark 3:23

Luke 13:18

Matthew 21:12

Matthew 26:35-37

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Images of Jesus Biblical

Luke 23:26- Jesus is seen as being vunrable and helpless, unable to help even himself.

John 19:17- Jesus seemed unwilling and resistant to his fate, pulling through what last strength he had.

Mark 3:23- Jesus shows the image of a leader or a teacher, questioning people.

luke 13:18- Jesus shows an image of a questioner not knowing what to expect.

Matthew 21:12- Jesus can be seen as an inforcer, telling and showing people what is right and wrong.

Matthew 26:36- Jesus shows leadership and that he is independent and doesn't need people to know what he is saying or doing when he prays.


kristyn bennett

Anonymous said...

Luke 23:26 – the crucifixion.
The image that I get when I read this passage is a thankful Jesus, he is thankful for a man is helping his carry the cross. I also see a helpless Jesus; he is too weak form carrying the cross.

John 19:17 – the crucifixion.
The image I get when I read this passage is a very tired and is struggling to stand on his 2 feet.

Mark 3:23 –
The image I get when I read this passage is a popular Jesus, a teacher, a man that can sit down and tell a good story.

Luke 13:18 – the parables of the mustard seed and the yeast.
The image I get when I read this passage is a questionable Jesus, trying to figure out.

Matthew 21:12 – Jesus at the temple.
The image I get when I read this passage is a very angry Jesus, frustrated and annoyed Jesus.

Matthew 26: 35-37 – Gethsemane.
The image I get when I read this passage is a peaceful Jesus, and also private

jamal ghalloub